Saturday, November 1, 2008

6 miles to Cracker Barrel

Hello Friends! Well, the WOC Group had 17 members today (2 that rode in style in the jogging strollers, and 2 of the canine variety!). The group ran from 4 to 6 miles, with one member going a bit further. I ran with Matt, who basically pulled me along for the six miles. We finished in roughly 47 minutes. A bit slow for him, a bit fast for me. He really helped me today! After the run, we headed to Cracker Barrel to eat all of the calories we had just burned. I had a giant stack of pancakes which were devoured in a matter of minutes. I've got a 10 miler tomorrow... hope I can go a bit quicker than the last one. Right now the baby is sleeping and I think I am going to work on the biscotti I started last night and watch a little TV. Maybe a movie. Halloween is over, so that means it's time to watch "Elf"! I hope that whatever you have done today, ran, walked, or rested, that it has brought you joy.

Happy Running!

Prayer Request for the Day: My mom is having foot surgery soon. She won't be able to run for a while. Prayers for her are much appreciated.

Song of the Day: "Oh Holy Night" -Josh Groban (Like I said... Christmas season has begun!)

Psalm 46:10 Be still and know that I am God; and I will be exalted among the nations, and I will be exalted in the Earth.

3 comments:

Rider159 said...

Nice work on the running. Mentally I run alot. Physically, I am sitting on the couch reading Property and eating donuts. Livin the dream...

Erin said...

Dear rider159, Maybe I can find a race to run up there by the cold lake. Would love to see you. Would really love some of those donuts... any cream sticks left?

Dwayne said...

Erin, you're so cool, I love your blog and I am so happy to be a part of a running group that all about running and more importantly serving God.